Discord Mic Not Working: Discord is a chat app that allows its users to chat in real-time using either text or voice or video. This app has grown immense popularity in the recent past. It is a host for several servers/chatrooms that have topics on almost all the major ones like sports, memes, music, and many more. Though it is to be known that the memes are the most popular one of all for obvious reasons.
The best part of Discord is that you can access it from anywhere and at any time. You can access it from your desktop, mobile app, and browser as well. The users can either join the group that they were invited to or can create a group and send invitations to people to join using the server or chatroom. Also, it is to be noted that there are public servers as well where anyone can join.
Now a lot of users are reporting that they are facing Discord Mic not working issue. If you are also facing similar issues, do not worry as in this post, let us discuss How to fix Discord Mic not working. With that being said, let us quickly get started with the process, shall we?
Information About Discord
|Offered By||Discord Inc.
|Total User||100 Million+|
|Product||Hammer & Chisel, Inc. / Discord
Methods To Fix Discord Mic Not Working
Method 1: Logging out of Discord
- For the desktop, version users click on User settings.
- Then scroll down you will find Log out option, click on it.
- Then click on Confirm to Log Out.
- Then reinsert your credentials and see if the problem is solved.
Also Read:- How to Enable and Configure Discord push to talk
Method 2: Tweaking the Automatic Input Sensitivity Settings
Sometimes discord mic not working because of discord not detecting mic by following steps microphone not working problem is solved.
- Click on User Settings.
- Then Click on Voice & Video.
- Then find Input Sensitivity and click on enable next to Automatically determine input sensitivity.
- Then talk and see if the bar below lights up to the solid green if turned to solid green only then move on to the next step.
- Disable the toggle and make sure the manual slides is placed somewhere around the middle.
If you still facing the mic not working on discord then follow the next method.
Method 3: Running Discord As Administrator
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer and reach the place where Discord is installed.
- Then right-click on the app and select Properties.
- Then click on Compatibility and check next to the option Run this program as an Administrator.
- Click on Apply and save the changes, Now check if the mic is working now.
Method 4: Disabling Exclusive mode in Windows
- Right-click on the sound/volume icon and select Recording Devices.
- Select the microphone that you are using and click on Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab and deselect both the checkboxes under Exclusive Mode. Then click on Apply else none of the changes will be saved.
- Then reboot or restart your system and see if your mic is working.
Also Read:- How to Change Game Status In Discord App
Method 5: Resetting Voice Settings
- Select the User Settings.
- Click on Voice and Video.
- Then find Reset Voice Settings and click on it.
- Then select Okay to confirm your selection and wait for Discord to reinitialize.
- Reconnect your headset and see if the problem is solved.
If this post helped you to Fix Discord Mic Not Working, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family. Now that you have done that it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!