Discord Screen share Audio not Working: Discord is a chat app that allows its users to chat in real-time using either text or voice or video. This app has grown immense popularity in the recent past. It is a host for several servers/chatrooms that have topics on almost all the major ones like sports, memes, music, and many more. Though it is to be known that the memes are the most popular one of all for obvious reasons.
The best part of Discord is that you can access it from anywhere and at any time. You can access it from your desktop, mobile app, and browser as well. The users can either join the group that they were invited to or can create a group and send invitations to people to join using the server or chatroom. Also, it is to be noted that there are public servers as well where anyone can join.
Now, a lot of people are reporting that they are facing Discord Screen Share not working issues. If you are also facing the similar discord screen share no audio, then in this post, let us discuss How to fix Discord Screen Share Audio not working. With that being said, let us quickly get started with the process, shall we?
Methods To Fix Discord Screen share Audio Not Working
Solution 1: Grant Elevated Access
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer and reach the place where Discord is installed
- Then right-click on the app and select Properties.
- Then click on Compatibility and check next to the option Run this program as an Administrator.
- Click on Apply and save the changes, Now check if the problem is solved.
Solution 2: Use Push to Talk
Discord comes with an option where it automatically detects your voice but the problem arises here mainly when using the beta feature of screen share where several problems are caused.
Then you can try and stop the automatic detection of Audio and switch to push to talk. It involves manual work but is better than no audio.
Solution 3: Add your Activity
- Open settings in the Discord App.
- In settings click on the entry of games.
- In there go to Game Activity and add the application where the audio is not being shared properly.
- If the problem still stays you can turn on the Overlay feature and check again.
Solution 4: Reinstall Audio Drivers
- Press Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc.
- In there expand the category of Audio Inputs and outputs and right-click on the sound hardware.
- Then select the Uninstall device.
- Now right-click on anywhere on the screen and select Scan for hardware changes. The computer will now check for any drivers and install them automatically to install the default drivers. Then once they are installed restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
- Then right-click on the drivers and select Update Driver.
Also Read:- Fix Discord Mic Not Working
Solution 5: Avoid Full Screen
This is a unique bug that has been identified where the screen share utility was not functioning well whenever the user uses it in full screen. So there is no harm in giving it a try and see if the issue has been resolved.
If this post helped you to fix Discord Screen share Audio not Working, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family. Now that you have done that it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!